Arturia Microfreak MIDI editor
Arturia Microfreak MIDI CC editor
What's new (4.0.1)?
- Device now looks for update on launch
- Fixed Live Automation dropdown menu names and Automation Lane names
- Added Ableton Push/Push2 bank support
- Bugfixes (updater, gui)
This Max4Live MIDI effect is a comprehensive MIDI CC editor for the Arturia Microfreak with a built-in device updater, colour theme selector, randomiser and morphing engine as well as a dedicated XY control pad. The device sends and receives MIDI CC messages only. The device is built to directly pass all MIDI messages through as well, not to accidentally block the MIDI signal chain on the given track in Live.
- Microfreak fw v220.127.116.116
- The synth has to be in "LOCAL OFF" mode*
- Ableton Live 9/10/11 with Max4Live license**
- Internet connection (only for device updater) Local mode OFF & Knobs send CCs ON [refer to official Arturia Microfreak manual page 90] * Live 9/10/11 Suite OR any Live version + standalone Max license
How to use:
The device should be placed on a MIDI track in Live.
It's up to you whether you want to manually configure the MIDI INs and OUTs on this track, then monitoring incoming audio on a new Audio Track
with applying External Instrument on a MIDI track and configuring the incoming audio to be monitored.
All the GUI elements are MIDI mappable and automation enabled, so you can either draw in automation curves and envelopes or use other M4L devices and other modulation sources such as LFOs and Envelopes. This allows you to create previously unachievable sounds.
Detailed PDF manual included in compressed download folder (as well as separately on website).
A Max4Live MIDI editor device for your hardware synthesiser